|COMPANY CULTURE AND CORE VALUES|
· Boutique Hotel Group (“BHG”) creates a boutique hotel experience for every guest on each stay. Our goal is to “wow” every guest into becoming a disciple for boutique hotels in general, and our hotels specifically.
· This essential experience makes each guest feel as though they are visiting the home of an “old friend.” Every “moment of truth” between our employees and guests should emulate this experience.
· We demonstrate passion in all we do: passion in serving our customers, passion in training, nurturing, leading, and developing our employees, passion in standing up for and modeling our core values.
· We constantly strive to improve and innovate in every area of our operations. Every process is suspect. There are no “sacred cows.” This is everybody’s job, not just senior management.
· We make every decision as if we owned the individual hotel ourselves. Every discretionary expense beyond normal operations must have a Return On Investment (ROI) that is defensible. We consistently act in the best interests of the owner.
· We have “zero tolerance” for deferred maintenance anywhere on our properties within guest view, or that may eventually impact the guest. We will do whatever it takes to maintain our properties in pristine condition.
· Our general managers model our service philosophy every day to our employees, hands-on. At least 50 percent of a general manager’s time is face to face with our customers.
· All of us demonstrate a positive “can-do” attitude and approach no matter what the obstacles. We all pledge to be part of the solution, not the problem, as we face our daily challenges and opportunities.
· We hire and retain the best employees and managers we can find. Mediocrity is not tolerated at any level.
· Every employee “owns” every challenge or problem presented to them by every guest, and is fully empowered and accountable to satisfy the guest and retain his/her loyalty. No exceptions, no restrictions, no excuses.
· We are bold, we take risks, we fight for our beliefs, and we are fearless in pursuing success. When we see an opportunity, we seize it. “Ask for forgiveness, not permission.”
· We trust our collective “gut,” and once we make a decision, we act on it - quickly and decisively.
· Employee training, development, coaching, and counseling, are at the top, not the traditional bottom, of the priority list of activities for all executives and managers.
· We are a flat organization; we strive to create the “shortest distance” and eliminate as many levels as possible between our customers and senior management.
· Every employee and manager’s obligation is to speak their mind without hesitation or trepidation whenever they see an opportunity to improve our customer service, product, profitability, or working environment. Senior management creates the climate and vehicles to collect employee feedback on a dynamic and frequent basis.
Our incentive programs reward our employees for creating additional value for our owners, beyond their expectations. Doing our jobs well, and meeting our performance and service goals, are what we get paid to do every day.
23440 Civic Center Way, Suite 205
Malibu, CA 90265
|Home | About | Services | Hotels | Distinctions | Core Values | Team | Press | Contact|